Thursday 8 September 2016

L & S 9 : Colour Song!


Lesson : Listening and Speaking / Language Arts
Year : 1

For this lesson, I conducted a singing lesson (based on the textbook, page 57). So, basically, I prepared simple props to let the students respond with the song that they sing. I use the I Love You Barney song since I found that the tune given in the textbook (This Old Man song) is a little bit fast for the students to catch up. The lyric of the song is as follows :



Title : Colour Song (use the tune of I Love You Barney Song)

I like red,
I like red,
I like a red bow on my suit,
I like a red bug, red mug, red bed too,
I like red and what about you?

I like yellow,
I like yellow,
I like a yellow bow on my suit,
I like a yellow bug, yellow mug, yellow bed too,
I like yellow and what about you?


*since its the colour song, simply change the colour of the items to red, yellow, green and blue. I use these colours because I prepared the props in these colours. So, be flexible to make your props even better!


For that, the photo of the props is as follows :




I simply printed these photos on colour papers (save ink, save budget) and then laminated them to ensure the durability. The size of the photos are basically big enough for the students to see it (around A5 size).

As usual, I provided the materials to be downloaded for this activity :


Materials


By the way, you can adapt this activity to be used in Language Arts too! 
Thanks for reading! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com