Saturday 3 September 2016

Reading 1 or Writing 2 : Mobile Phones


Lesson : Reading or Writing
Year : 5

In this lesson, I've prepared a non-typical reading text to attract the attention of my students to read in order to start writing. So, I got an idea to place the reading text on a mobile phone template that I've downloaded from the internet. You can simply google for any brand of mobile phone templates instead of using the mobile phone template that I'm going to provide below. The sample of mobile phone reading text is as follows :





For the text, I've downloaded the template and simply use Microsoft Word to include the text. Use insert text box and then fill it in with any relevant text (I used the text from the textbook). Then, print it on thick paper (I used drawing block, 200 gsm) so that it will become durable. To make it even last longer, you can laminate it. 

For the activity, I only asked them to do pairs dictation (individually) and wall dictation (groups). The worksheet has been uploaded as follows :


Pairs Dictation

For pairs dictation activity, the students need to complete the text and match it with the reading text. This activity can be used for both reading and writing too.


Reading text and Wall Dictation


For wall dictation activity, I placed the text on the white board (flipped it over). Each member in each group needed to take turns to go front and back, read and memorise the words or sentences in a given time. Then, after time's up, each group needed to read what they were able to write within that limited time. The text can be changed into simpler ones to match with your students' needs. 

Thanks for reading! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com