Thursday 1 September 2016

Phonic 1 : Word Slider


Assalamualaikum! 

Since it was my first time to teach phonics to my students (as I just get posted last week), I decided to find some alternatives to make them understand better besides just say it out for them.

Phonemes : /u/ and /e/
(Year 1)


*What do you need : 
Paper plates, thick paper or drawing block paper (200 gsm), markers, words to be written

*How to do it?
  1. Find the centre of the paper plates and marked it.
  2. From photo above, for the first letter, the spacing that I used is 4.5 cm while for the end letters I used 5 cm since some of the words contain 2 letters (The measurement might be different, depends on the size of your paper plates)
  3. Same measurement are used for the sliders. Ensure to write the letters with proper concern towards the above and below letters! (I kept erased them few times because I kept seeing parts of the letters on top of the letters that I'm going to show and vice versa..  Haha!)
  4. Write as many letters as you want, depends on the words that you wanted to show to the students.
At the same time, I found a YouTube channel which is really an enormous help for me to teach phonics. Check their channel here :


Phoneme /u/


 Phonic 'e' song
Phoneme /e/




That's all for today! 'Til we meet again! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com