Friday 16 September 2016

LA 10 : Waving Hand


Lesson : Language Arts
Year : 4

For this activity, I randomly named it as Waving Hand because I don't know what kind of art is this. Haha. But still, my students did way better than mine, as always. This lesson is also for an adapted poem into a song using the Are You Sleeping tune. Check out the details below.


My simple sample of Waving Hand


Make a simple curve with hole to put your hand in, so that you can wave it!



Just like this! ^^

What do you need?
Drawing block papers (A4 sizes), scissors, colour pencils

How to Do it?
  1. Put your hand on the paper and trace the shape of your entire palm.
  2. Cut the traced drawing and decorate them using your own creativity.
  3. Draw a curve at the end of your traced palm and cut it properly. Fyi, I cut all curves of my students' works for safety purposes.
  4. Ask them to colour and decorate it using their own creativity. 



Like previously, this text can be found in the Anthology of Poems for Year 4, 5 and 6 book

I used the above text and adapted it into a song using Are You Sleeping song. Just repeat the verses to fit the tune properly, or you can also use other tune to fit with the lyric. I provided you with some photos of my students while doing this activity. :)


This kid (above) came up with a Naruto design Waving Hand. Way too cool!







Thanks for reading! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com