Tuesday 7 August 2018

Phonic 14 : Phonic Mat (A to Z)

Skill : Listening, Speaking, Reading
Year : Level One
Phonemic Awareness

Assalamualaikum and Hi! This is a special post, as it is a new innovation that I've made. Basically, the idea of creating Phonic Mat came from the Twister Game. It has plenty of colourful circles on a mat. So, to make it fun, I invented it into a Phonic Mat. I edited it and put letters A to Z on it. Later, I printed it in large size (5x6 and 5x9) to be played by the pupils.





A programme was held to launch and use this Phonic Mat. I am so glad that the pupils were able to use and utilise it fully. For me, it has plenty of uses which depends on how the teachers use it. I can say that this Phonic Mat not only helps in terms of Phonemes, but also colours, directions, counting and more. You just have to be creative in using it. 










I have been asked of why I did not make these Phonic Mats in one go? Well, initially it should be used separately which depends on the lesson of letters per day. As we all know, pupils have limited and short term memory in terms of learning new things. However, using this Phonic Mat on the last day of the programme (learning phonemes A to Z) helped them to remember better.


That's all. Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Okay. Nanti kalau guna, tag saya di FB ya. Nama fb sy Norhidayu Rosman. Tq 😊

      Delete

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com