Monday 20 August 2018

Reading 13 : Teapot-Shaped Read and Write

Skill : Reading, Writing
Year : 2
Topic : The Robot

Assalamualaikum and Hi! 

In this lesson, I exposed them to a robot cartoon which one of my favourite back then when I was a kid. Its called as Rolie Polie Olie! I bet you remembered them! Yeah, its about a robot family who lived in a teapot-shaped house. Just search in the Youtube the keyword of Rolie Polie Olie and you'll smiled as you showed it to your pupils. I did! Coz I just missed of being a child though I don't understand a thing back then about this cartoon at all. Ok, enough with that. Let's proceed.


So, what I did was, I provided them with a simple text. We read together. Then, we watch a video of Rolie Polie Olie cartoon. After that, we referred back to the text and separate information needed to be filled in the teapot-shaped worksheet. I did not be able to provide them with a proper worksheet for this lesson, so I asked them to draw the teapot-shaped in their exercise books. Then, they read the text and just simply fill in the information needed. 



I also provided them with the poster of this cartoon for them to colour which is as below :





Fret not, by the time I write this post, I managed to come up with a proper version of this worksheet which being uploaded as follows :



We had fun for this lesson since the pupils were pretty excited to know the existence of such cartoons instead of the typical Boboiboy. 

Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com