Thursday 16 August 2018

L & S 18 : 'I Can Do' Station Game

Skill : Listening and Speaking
Year : 2
Topic : The Robot

Assalamualaikum and Hi!

I'm pretty excited with this new topic since finally we can move from that previous topic which took about more than a month! Well, my pupils are pretty excited and anticipating more in this new topic. SINCE NONE OF THE KIDS WHO DID NOT LOVE ROBOTS!

Basically, this is the among the earlier lessons about this new topic. You just have to start with the typical Head, Shoulder, Knees and Toes song for the warm-up activities. After that, I conducted 'Label Your Robots' activity.

*LABEL YOUR ROBOTS ACTIVITY

You only need sticky notes and prior knowledge about parts of the body. In groups, pupils need to choose a friend who will become their robots. Then, they need to write on the sticky notes the parts of the body that they have learnt (please refer to the Superminds textbook page 94). After that, they need to paste the sticky notes to their robots without referring to their textbooks. Look at the picture below.



_________________________________________________________________________

* 'I CAN DO' STATION GAME

In this station game, I started by recalling the action song that we've learnt. I got this song from the symposium the other day, where a teacher shared his project with the tourists at their school. The song entitled "PARTS OF THE BODY" has really helped me in developing more knowledge about body parts towards my pupils. After that, I distributed a worksheet related to 'I Can Do' abilities. Pupils have already done some warm up about this in the previous lesson. So, this activity is more to make pupils more exposed to some other abilities that they realised either they can do it or not.

WHAT DO YOU NEED?

  • 'I Can Do' Cards worksheet template (refer to the link below)
  • Picture sentences of activities (refer to the link below)
  • Stickers (or stamps)
HOW TO PLAY?
  1. Teacher distributes the worksheet.
  2. Teacher explains the actions in each station.
  3. Teacher's helpers stand at each station and give away the stickers if their friends able to do the abilities showed.
  4. Teachers checked their stickers.
At the end of the game, the teacher's helpers will be judged by their friends to get the stickers. You'll know which any of your pupils who were able to do that particular ability or not through this game. Like mine, two of my pupils were able to touch their nose with the tip of their tongue! Well, let's take a look of these pictures of the activity.















As usual, I've uploaded the worksheet and picture sentences as below :


Picture sentences




I Can Do Worksheet Template





Thanks for reading! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com