Monday 29 January 2018

Writing 13 : Days of the Week Song

Lesson : Writing / Reading / Language Arts
Year : 2

Assalamualaikum and hi everybody!


So, I've realised that this new textbook (Superminds) did not focus on the spelling of the days of the week at all. Though they provided the audio and video for that specific topic (Free Time), but still, they focus only on the activities. I believed that my pupils also faced the problems of memorising the spelling of days of the week. Thus, I came up with a song, with simple tune which I can play using my guitar. This is because the karaoke version might be quite fast for them to catch the beat. Plus, they are not familiar enough with this song.

The song that I have chosen this time entitled Menang by Faizal Tahir. I only took the final verse which the lyric of the original song is as below. Plus, finding the easiest guitar chords to be played will be the utmost advantage for a beginner like me. 




From the lyric above, I changed it to simple ones which focused on the spellings. Just like what I did for my past lesson (about Months of the Year song). The lyric is as below :

M.O.N.D.A.Y - Monday
T.U.E.S.D.A.Y - Tuesday
W.E.D.N.E.S.D.A.Y - Wednesday
T.H.U.R.S.D.A.Y - Thursday
F.R.I.D.A.Y - Friday
S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y - Saturday
S.U.N.D.A.Y - Sunday

For better overview of this lesson, you can check out a video that I've recorded in one of my classes today. They might sang it out of tune a bit but then at least you can see how the lyric being sang.


After we sang couple of times, I gave them a simple writing activity related to the topic we have learnt today which is jumble letters. Pupils only need to rearrange the letters to form correct days of the week.


That's all for today! Thanks for reading! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com