Wednesday 7 February 2018

LA 21 : The Very Hungry Caterpillar Mini Book

Lesson : Language Arts + Listening + Writing + Reading
Year : 2

Assalamualaikum and Hi!



Yesterday, we did a mini book based on the animated story entitled "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". I started my lesson by introducing the vocabulary related to the story (hungry, watermelon, caterpillar). Then, I asked them to watch the animated story that I played from YouTube. 


Click HERE to watch the video. 

There are several of them but I think this is the best one which helped in my upcoming continuous lesson. 

For this lesson, I did not provide any samples since I want them to think on how to decorate it on their own instead of following mine. I showed them the video, and then tried to recap the contents from it. This was done several times (played the video, asked, played the video and again asked).

After that, I write such related information on the whiteboard as follows (pardon me for my handwriting):




After that, I distributed the mini book template (as below) :



Then, pupils need to fill in the information given into the mini book and decorate it. This lesson was conducted for two days due to the lack of time. So, on the second day we just continue to decorate it and pasted it in their exercise book.

I got some cute and very adorable works by my students, which I never expected my Year 2 students would come up with something like these. I got like almost 100 students (for three classes and only few came up with such beautiful artworks.





Overall, it was pretty tough to handle them because they really need further explanation since I did not provide the pictures and everything. I just wanted to help them to think more and remember more from the video shown. They really felt lost when they watch the video since there is no subtitles and they need to listen and watch well. Luckily, all went well, Alhamdulillah!


By the way, you can simply download the template by right-clicking the picture given at the top of this post. Keep going and teach, everybody! :)


Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com