Tuesday 9 July 2019

Grammar 7 : Singular and Plural (Stamp It Arts)

Skill : Reading / Writing / Language Arts / Grammar
Year : One
Topic : Pet Show

Assalamualaikum and Hi!

In today's lesson, we learnt about singular and plural. I taught them a song that I composed earlier today with the tune of Kebunku song which randomly popped up when I wrote the lyrics. So, here's the lyrics :

SINGULAR AND PLURAL SONG

Singular is for one,
A bag, an orange,
No need to put the 's',
Just leave it there.

Plural is for many,
Two bags, two oranges,
We need to put the 's',
Just add it there.

So, explain about the rules, where for singular, they need to focus on the 'a' and 'an', while for plural, focus more on the 's'. From here, I asked my pupils to draw two lines on their exercise books, to form a table. Then, using colourful stamp pads, they needed to stamp their thumbs and later continue to draw respective singular and plural nouns given. I bought this three colours stamp pads at Mr. DIY (Imago Kota Kinabalu) with the cost of RM9.50 each. These only available in three colours like these. Its quite expensive but its fun to be used!
 


Basically, this topic is about pets, but some of my pupils have the tendency to draw something else from previous topic such as bags, and some of them also drew fried chicken. Let's have a look!
















After all that I've done, I still got some pupils who felt bored with my English class and I can't do anything about this. Just trying my best to keep going each day. That's all! Thanks for reading! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com