Thursday 23 February 2017

Phonic 8 : Phonemes /t/ and /p/

Lesson : Phonemic Awareness
Year : 1
Topic : Around the School

For this week, I started to introduce my pupils with new phonemes, /t/ and /p/. I recalled the previous phonemes learnt (/s/ and /ae/) before continue to the new ones. 



1) School Tour : Circle and Colour


In this lesson, I started by introduce few words that consist of phonemes /t/ and /p/. Then, I guided the pupils for school tour and with given worksheet, they need to circle the pictures associated with the learnt phonemes. I took the idea of this lesson from Teacher Dilla and recreate it into my own version of Circle and Colour.



This activity required a lot of patient in handling the school tour because as we all know, Year 1 pupils are excited whenever they stepped out of their class. Hahaha! Its a waste since I didn't have the chance to take any photos throughout the school tour session. :( 

Anyway, I've uploaded the document for this worksheet below :





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Cut and Write

In this lesson, I reintroduced the words associated with phonemes /t/ and /p/ to the pupils. Then, I asked them to sit in groups, and gave them a worksheet and a colour paper (as in the picture below). They need to cut and paste the pictures in the right columns, based on the words given on the whiteboard. Bear in mind teachers, you need to prepare for extra scissors and glue too! 
Word cards (sorry for my not-so-good-looking tiger) to assist the pupils to complete the worksheet (a copy of this is given below) :



Pictures during the activity:




As usual, I've uploaded the copy for this worksheet below :



Worksheet


Word Cards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Itsy Bitsy Phoneme Books





These phoneme books are taken from HERE.



That's all for now. Keep teaching and Good Luck! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com