Wednesday 15 February 2017

Writing 11 : Solve the Puzzles

Skill : Phonemic Awareness (Writing)
Year : 1


So, for today's lesson, I adapted the lesson from Teacher Dilla, who shared her activity for this topic. In my lesson, I simply searched for few images that contain phonemes /s/ and /ae/. The images are :
  • Sun (as example)
  • Snail
  • Snake
  • Soup
  • Bus (new word)
  • Apple
  • Ants
  • Pan (new word)
Before I started the lesson, I recap yesterday's lesson by asking the students few words that we have learnt yesterday. To reinforce, I draw the pictures of the words learnt and add on two more new words (bus and pan). Then, I asked the students about the spelling of these words and focused on phoneme /s/ and /ae/.

Then, I explained about this 'Solve the Puzzle' game and showed a picture (Sun) with the spelling, pasted it on the whiteboard. 

To begin, I asked the pupils to draw lots from a black bag (for surprise purpose) to get a piece of puzzle pieces each. Then, they went around the class and looked for matched pieces. The sample of images are as follows :



The pupils enjoyed this lesson, since they need to know what images that they hold by finding the right pieces of puzzle. Then, I gave them tack tack (the green clay ones) and asked them to paste it themselves on the whiteboard. 


Then, our lesson is continued with writing activities in their activity book. That's all for today! 😊

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com