Sunday 19 February 2017

Phonic 7 : Extra Worksheets for Phonemes /s/ and /ae/

Lesson : Phonemic Awareness
Year : 1

_________________________________________________________________________


Hey there! I'm back! So, in this post, I would like to share two extra worksheets that I have prepared for my pupils to reinforce their knowledge in these two phonemes : /s/ and /ae/.


1) Cut and Paste

The first activity is Cut and Paste (refer to the picture below).  *sorry for the blur picture :(




This activity simply needed the pupils to cut and paste the pictures and categorise them according to the correct columns of phonemes. As preparation, do spare some scissors and glues for the pupils. Always do so. Anyway, this activity is done to reinforce the pupils' prior knowledge about the phonemes that they have learnt. I've uploaded a copy of this worksheet below :

 Cut and Paste

Cut and Paste

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Word Search

As referred to the word search below, this activity needed the pupils to slightly think advanced towards the words that they have learnt. I'll be giving them this worksheet tomorrow since I'll be away from them (100 meters) because I am involved in netball training with our school netball players. So, they need to solve this on their own. I love to let them think and recall the spelling slowly through pictures that they have seen.



I purposely made this kind of worksheet to test the pupils' knowledge about the spelling of the related pictures shown. They have been drilled and shown the correct spelling of these pictures. So, by doing this worksheet, it would help them to recall it. The copy of this worksheet is given below :


Word Search



Keep going and teaching! Good Luck! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com