Saturday 10 February 2018

L & S 15 : Do You Do You?

Lesson : Listening and Speaking + Writing
Year : 2

Assalamualaikum and Hi!

I would like to share one of my recent lessons that worked well to help my pupils remember the sounds of these sentences.



Do you like ________________?


Yes, I do.                          No, I don't.


So, initially, I did this lesson by drilling but it didn't turn out that well. Then, alhamdulillah, for the next lesson (recently), I suddenly got the idea to make it fun which is by 'playing bomb' with other groups. In Malay, we tend to play this game of "Goreng Pisang, Goreng Pisang, Goreng Pisang sekarang, Pisang apa, Pisang apa, Pisang apa sekarang?" This gave me the idea to teach them saying the sentences with some proper actions just as in the video below :



After that, I assigned each group to pick an object such as ball and write it on a given paper. Then, they need to be prepared to 'bomb' other group that I pointed at. They also need to answer with Yes, I do or No, I don't. This step was repeated until all groups were done. Then, they need to copy the given sentences that they learnt and changed the blank space given with their own words.


That's all! Thanks for reading! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com