Friday 5 May 2017

Phonic 9 : Story on the Wall (Phoneme /k/)

Lesson : Phonemic Awareness/Reading
Year : 1
Topic : What Should I Wear?


This is a very simple lesson and the idea is basically taken from Teacher Dilla's lesson. I adapted the way the pupils wrote the words associated with phoneme /k/. Instead of using spelling sheet, I asked them to write it on their own exercise book because I faced some problems with my computer for few days, but thankfully, its okay now.



The story written is not related to anyone whether they are alive or dead. Its just a very simple story with proper words associated with phoneme /k/. I hate the fact that the topic itself did not help much in introducing words with phoneme /k/, so this story is definitely not related to clothes etc. I drew and coloured the pictures myself as I faced problems with my laptop where I can't even browse for internet. So, let's take a look..


I chose the name Caspian because I love Prince Caspian from the movie Narnia. hahaha..



Yessss I know... That's an ugly kid anyway






So... the pupils need to copy the template below in their exercise book and walk around the class to read the story. Through that reading, they need to list down the words started with phoneme /k/. The words that I taught them are : KING, CAR, CAT, KID, CAP, KITES, KIT, KEY, CAN, CUP and KETTLE. Let's see what happened...






As I checked one of their books, I found a new word that I did not teach them but happen to be associated with phoneme /k/ : CASPIAN.


Anyway, it was a good activity to allow them to read and write while walking as kids do not stay at the same place for a long time especially YEAR 1 KIDS! During this activity, I saw that some excellent pupils helped out their weak friends and guide them on how to choose the correct words from the text. Thank you kids! ^^

Thanks for reading! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com