Thursday 27 April 2017

LA 14 : Paper Wheel

Lesson : Language Arts
Year : 3
Topic : Pet's World

This activity is initially inspired from a Facebook post that I've searched which belongs to Zatil Aqmar : HERE. I only modified it a bit to make sure it can be done easily for my students.


So, in last week's class, I have prepared this activity for my Year 3 students. Initially, I was thinking to conduct this as writing activity, but I faced few challenges (LINUS stuff) and I'm out of time to do multiple things at one time. Thus, I conducted this activity as Language Arts for my students to have fun in their learning. 

At the beginning of the lesson, I showed them a book about frog's life cycle which I downloaded from HERE. Truly, this is a very good material to teach about frog's life cycle besides drawing them on the whiteboard especially when you can't really draw like me.

Then, I distributed the templates (three templates) : front circle, empty circle with five divisions, frog's stages which are showed as below.

 empty circle with five divisions (from Google)

 front circle which I edited from the previous five divisions template


frog's stages (ALL pictures are taken from HERE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO DO IT?
  1. Print the templates on a 70gsm or 80gsm white paper.
  2. Cut according to shapes. The front cover should be cut as in the picture sample below. Make a 'hole' on it properly.
  3. Cut the frog's stages and paste it on the empty circle with five divisions templates.
  4. REMEMBER TO WRITE DOWN THE NAMES OF EACH STAGE.
  5. For sample, laminate the paper and clip them using brass fastener.
  6. *I used snap fastener (butang katup) because its hard to find brass fastener here. But this will work on normal white paper (non-laminated ones).
  7. Done! See the picture below :



P/S : Its a big challenge to conduct and prepare for this activity when you have a big number of students (mine : 37 students), but yeah, as long as they are having fun in doing it, I'm okay with it. Good luck and thanks for reading! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com